Re: Pontes Media Downloader

Gene

As I said, using 2.x, I convert to wave and then I use Switch to create an MP3 file.

You can control the bit rate in 3.1.  I’ll have to look at the program to see how.

From: DJ
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Pontes Media Downloader

Gene,

Which of the versions offers the better / higher sound quality, 2.0 or 3.0?  For some reason I can't seem to get better than 128 using 3.0.

Thanks.

DJ

On 11/9/2019 1:35 PM, Gene wrote:
There is a version 3.1.  I like version 2.x better.  It doesn't allow you to adjust MP3 conversion settings, and the presets are far too low for someone who wants good quality files.  the preset is about 128KBPS.  That's fine for people listening on small speakers or small portable headphones, but not for those listening on good equipment who want good sound.

But its easier to follow what the program is doing during a download.  You can just read the title bar to find out.

I solve the MP3 problem by having material converted to wave, then using Switch to convert wave to MP3 with the high quality bit rate I want.

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 11:17 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Pontes Media Downloader

Is 2.0 the latest version?  I recall reading somewhere that there was
version 3.0 but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

George