Re: Linking An Echo Device With A Bose Radio

Patrick Ford

If hardwiring  your echo dot to the acoustic wave system, you may need an RCA  cable that has a 3.5 mm end on it which is the same as a 1/8 inch. I forget what the dot has on it for connection as I don’t use it for this connection.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Mike B
Sent: Saturday, November 9, 2019 8:07 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Linking An Echo Device With A Bose Radio

Hi Patrick,

We have a boom box as well, so I'll play around with an audio cable or RCA cable to see if I can connect the way I connected to the table top radio.  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!  Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 11:51 AM

Bose used to manufacture  a device called Bluetooth audio adapter. I don’t know if they still have this item.

I have one from about 5 years ago. It hooks up to the RCA jacks of the Bose – I use it with the larger boombox type radio/cd player. I don’t recall if the table top model has RCA  jacks.

But, it is called the Bluetooth audio adapter. Check the bose site to see if they still carry it. I believe it was around 50 dollars.

Patrick

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

We have an Echo Dot 3rd generation that we would like to link to a Bose table top AM / FM / DVD radio so we could listen to music through the radio instead of the Echo Dot.  I thought I had heard that Bose makes some sort of blue tooth device that will do this.  If anyone knows if this is accurate and can fill me in on how this works or has done this I would appreciate it greatly.  Thanks much.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!  Sent from my iBarstool.