GMAIL AND I, HMM?

Hi All:

Now it's my turn to have to deal with GMail configuration so I can read and
respond to E-mails received from it using Outlook. As part of GMail's
recommended configuration, I read the following:

Go to your client, like Microsoft Outlook, and check these settings.

Incoming Mail (POP) Server
pop.gmail.com

Requires SSL: Yes

Port: 995

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
smtp.gmail.com

Requires SSL: Yes

Requires TLS: Yes (if available)

Requires Authentication: Yes

Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587

What should the SMTP Port Number be?

I am about to change the Security thing with the hope that I can get things
cranking at my end; but I can use some help 'cause nothing I tried to do in
Outlook seems to be sticking. Thanks for all help!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado