Re: Self cleaning litter boxes

Peter Spitz

I used a self-cleaning litter box many years ago. It had a rake that
would automatically rake the litter after a cat would visit. It would
rake the poop into a plastic bag at the end of the litter box. I
don't think that would prevent the dog from eating since it would just
collect in the open bag. In fact, it might make it even a little
easier to grab the poop since it would be in one area.

On 11/13/19, Kay Malmquist <kay.malmquist@...> wrote:
Well, I hope this would be considered on topic. It is sort of tech related.

I have three cats. There are 3 litter boxes around my house. I have a
guide dog that thinks what the cats deposit is for her dining pleasure. I
could put a kid gate in the doorway of the room that she has decided to
raid, and it could be up high enough that the cats could come and go as they

like, but not the dog, but I really don't want a kid gate in the way of the

door way even if it opens like another door. So, now for the question.
Self-cleaning litter boxes. I have researched them and just got more
confused. I figure that if it cleans after the cat goes, there will be
nothing for her to munch on. But the problem is, what is the best way to
go? I know they are expensive but I would buy one and see how they like it

and then maybe buy more. Do any of you have any experience with these and
what would be the best way to go? Thanks for any help with this.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...
Switch your mentality from "I'm broken and helpless," to "I'm growing and
healing," and watch how fast your life changes, for the better.
Unknown