strange problem with Windows 7 documents menu

Vicki W

For some reason my Windows 7 documents menu in the view option changed and so did the layout in my documents folder. This just happened this morning.

I compared it to my Desktop Windows 7 and the settings are the same except that in the Laptop view menu that changed, the customize this folder disappeared and the arrange by option appeared. This is different than any other view menu anywhere else on the computer.

When reading my documents now, even though all of the folders and files are there, it will tell me only 22, or sometimes 21 or sometimes 20 items are showing.

How can I get this view menu to show the options that the others do and get the document's folders and files to read the way they did?

Thanks.

Vicki