Re: Locked screen

Smiling?

How to Enable or Disable Windows 10 Lock Screen (text from page pasted below
the URL):
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-lock-screen-windows-8

The Lock Screen in Windows 10/8 is pretty good to look at, but not required
on a PC or a laptop. Sure it has its use on a Tablet, where users may like
to see notifications, date or time even when their device is inactive. But
on a desktop, it’s just one more step to cross before you can log in. You
have
to open the
Lock Screen
 by either clicking on it or to hit Enter, which is a waste of effort.

windows-8-lock-screen-rtm

Disable Windows 10 Lock Screen

If you do not like the default Lock Screen, you can always
change it.
But if you wish to completely disable the Lock Screen in Windows 10 / 8, you
can do that too. To do so, Run gpedit.msc to open the Group Policy Editor.
Now navigate to the following settings:

block quote
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel >
Personalization.
block quote end

Disable Windows 10 Lock Screen

In the right-side pane, double-click on Do not display the lock screen to
open its settings box.

lock-screen-2

Select Enabled and click on Apply/OK. That’s it!

block quote
This policy setting controls whether the lock screen appears for users, in
Windows Server 2012, Windows 8 or Windows RT. If you enable this policy
setting,
users that are not required to press CTRL + ALT + DEL before signing in will
see their selected tile after  locking their PC. If you disable or do not
configure this policy setting, users that are not required to press CTRL +
ALT + DEL before signing in will see a lock screen after locking their PC.
They
must dismiss the lock screen using touch, the keyboard, or by dragging it
with the mouse.
block quote end