Re: 7zip in win 10

Monte Single

The installation went smoothly. I will try again.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: November-17-19 11:00 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] 7zip in win 10

You need to use the 64 bit version, as far as I know, for these associations to take place.  As I recall, this was either done without asking during installation or I was asked during that process.

Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 6:24 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] 7zip in win 10

Hi List,

I’m using the current nvda and win10 1903.

I download and install 7zip; it is on the taskbar.

When I open the aps menu on a zipped   folder, neither 7zip or its submenu are in the available choices.

I know I need to do something to associate 7zip with zipped folders, I do not know how to do this.

In win xp, 7 and 8x this association happened automaticly with the 7zip installation.

I tried removing 7zip and reinstalling, but no joy.

Suggestions,\

Thanks,

Monte