IPhone ^ audio question

Bill K <billmeister@...>

Hi,
I may have asked this before, but did not get an answer that worked for me, so let's try this again and see where we go with it.
I was able to resolve my blue tooth problem, but here's something I turned on, and would desperately love to turn off if I only knew where to do so. I'm needing to know where I can go to turn off the option to make the volume of whatever app you have on at the time whenever the voice kicks in, or maybe whenever a notification comes on or a clock comes on. Am I making any sense here? I looked through the accessible area, and couldn't find anything that makes sense to me, so can one of you help here?
many thanks,
Bill K.