Re: New Dropbox Interface

Gene

I said incorrectly, in my first sentence of the last message, that the setting is in properties.  I stated, correctly later, that it is in preferences.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Dropbox Interface

The setting is in Dropbox properties. 

When dropbox is running, move to the system tray with Windows key b.  Left or right arrow to Dropbox.
I don't know whether you need to use enter or the space bar on the icon.  One or maybe both will work.
When the menu opens, up or down arrow to preferences and press enter.
Start tabbing when the dialog opens.
You will get to a combo box that says open folders in Dropbox Desktop App.  Down arrow.  If you don't hear anything, read the current line.  It should now say Windows Explorer.  If you use Windows 10, which I don't, it may say File Explorer, I don't know.
Tab to the ok button.
The interface should have changed.  If it hasn't, close the window with alt f4 and open it again. 
If it still hasn't changed, ask here.

Gene
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 11:06 AM

Yes they are using the new interface and want to get it changed back to the old interface. From Mich.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: November 21, 2019 11:44 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

If it says it in the old interface, that means the files and folders are bing displayed as a tree view.  I've never seen them displayed in the old Dropbox interface in that way.  I've always seen them displayed in a list view and such announcements don't occur there.  Are you absolutely sure the person is not using the new interface, where my recollection is that such announcements occur? 

Also, what screen-reader is being used?

If it turns out the person is using the old interface, it may be necessary to make a change in screen-reader settings.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 10:26 AM

it said that in the old interface what I am looking for though are instructions for my friend how to change the interface to make it stop. From Mich.

Sent: November 21, 2019 11:21 AM

Does it say that in the new interface or in the old interface as well?  It sounds to me like a new interface problem and switching to the old interface should stop it.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 10:02 AM

Hi I am glad tht this was brought up. I am wondering if some one can please post how to get dropbox to stop saying folder hedding or hedding closed. I have fixt this but I am wondering since I have a friend who needs these instructions. From Mich.   

Sent: November 21, 2019 10:59 AM

You aren't using the right setting.  The button, which I assume you are tabbing to, is a setting for just that one session.  The permanent change is found in properties for Dropbox in the system tray.  If you don't know how to find it there or have problems, ask here.

Also, the way files and folders are displayed isn't basically changed.  It is changed to be exactly as it was before.  The program is actually doing exactly what it was before, using Windows Explorer or File Explorer to display files and folders.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 5:44 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] New Dropbox Interface

I have activated the button in the new Dropbox that changes the view to
Windows Explorer, basically, as it was before the change. Unfortunately,
it always defaults back to the new view, which I do not like at all.  Is
there a way to permanently change to the Windows Explorer view?

--
Rich De Steno

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.