Re: New Laptop

Amy, some swear by HP, others Dell! But as for me, I don't know anymore
<smile;> shame on me, that's not too helpful?

I suggest you try figuring out what you need in a laptop; once you have this
down as best you can, searching things out might be a tad easier.

Personally, I never buy brand-new laptops anymore. I always look for
refurbished ones at giveaway prices. Example: Nearly 10 years ago, I
grabbed a Sony Vaio. Before I did, I always walked away from Sony toys
'cause they're pricey. However, I grabbed what I currently have for $359
refurbished; original price was $899.95! It runs Windows7 64Bit
Professional and will still receive a Windows upgrade if I so choose. I
leave this toy on 24 hours a day, only turning it off when I am leaving town
for an extended period of time. It has never given me grief, its battery is
removable and replaceable solely by me. And, yes, I am hopping off to
Batteries Plus to grab a new battery for this toy, the first since I bought
it. But, Sony no longer manufacture computers of any kind anymore, mobile
technology has cut too deep into that space.

Today, most laptop batteries, even though they may be removable, are not
easy to get to without messing with a few screws. This is good for a
naughty child like me whose fingers never stop or quit tinkering!!

It's easy for me to determine what configurations I hold so dear; then I
frequent computer stores and spend considerable time playing with whatever
they have on display before finally zeroing in on one. I generally buy from
Microcenter; they like to sell me a two-year or three-year warranty, but I
don't ever want one!

For now, please consider taking a good look at amazon.com/ It always seems
to have good price points for everyone.

Sincerely,