From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 9:43 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I am getting this message on my computer. "Preparing; for
automatic repair.

I'm not a tech but if you turn on the computer and there is no error message nor
any message such as telling you the computer is doing something such as booting up,
then it sounds to me like a hardware failure.

It is a real inconvenience installing and customizing everything on a new machine
but if your machine is that old, it may not be worth spending money on it an
gambling that nothing else will go wrong for long enough to make the expense worth
it. I don't know how much you would spend but I wouldn't be surprised if it would
be more than 150 dollars. So I'm not saying what you should do. I'm saying that
if your machine is very old, as you imply, it is a gamble.