Re: New Laptop

Steven Johnson

Congratulations on your purchase. I'll bet that there is a card in your packaging that you have to fill out.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Amy Gordon
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 7:29 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Laptop

Thanks everyone for your responses. Ended up buying a laptop from Sams club. Supposedly has a 2 year warranty but have not found any documentation of that.
Thanks,
Amy Johnson

On 11/25/19, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
If the typical buyer wants to spend more money to future proof
something they will probably find satisfactory for years, until they
want to replace the computer because of age or newer features, that's
their choice, but most users don't need to worry when they buy a
reasonably fast computer now unless they dramatically change how they use computers.

Also, in your last message, you said you weren't most users. I didn't
say nor imply that you are. But saying something is out of date with
no explanation may lead some or many people to think that it isn't
something they should consider when they might very well find it very satisfactory.

I'm saying that such commments about outdatedness and future proofing
should be put in context. Not doing so may cause many people to think
or wonder if they should spend more, perhaps a lot more, money than they need to.