Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 11:04 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Has anyone ever seen anything as sick as this? I am now seeking advice on PC Security

Hi all,

This is the worst Phishing/attempt at blackmail that I have ever received via email.  I have pasted the crap email at the bottom of this post.

After viewing this email, I went in to device manager on all of my PC’s and first, disabled all cameras and mics.  Then I uninstalled the devices.

My important 2 questions for those of you who are familiar with PC security is:  Can Windows updates reenable these devices?  And, Is Windows Security enough?

Now, Nothing in this email is true.  And, even if it was, I do not have an extra $500, laying around for every sick creep who tries to trick me in to sending them money.

Are people actually sending this filthy *** $500?  If he/she sent out 10,000 emails and, only 1% of the recipients responded with the $500, bucks.  The creep has made $50,000.

By-the-way, the email that I received was text only.  It contained no attachments.

Ok, here comes the crap!

*Hello!

I am a hacker who has access to your operating system.

I also have full access to your account.

I've been watching you for a few months now.

The fact is that you were infected with malware through an adult site that you visited.

If you are not familiar with this, I will explain.

Trojan Virus gives me full access and control over a computer or other device.

This means that I can see everything on your screen, turn on the camera and microphone, but you do not know about it.

I also have access to all your contacts and all your correspondence.

Why your antivirus did not detect malware?

Answer: My malware uses the driver, I update its signatures every 4 hours so that your antivirus is silent.

I made a video showing how you satisfy yourself in the left half of the screen, and in the right half you see the video that you watched.

With one click of the mouse, I can send this video to all your emails and contacts on social networks.

I can also post access to all your e-mail correspondence and messengers that you use.

If you want to prevent this,

transfer the amount of $500 to my bitcoin address (if you do not know how to do this, write to Google: "Buy Bitcoin").

My bitcoin address (BTC Wallet) is:  1AfwxZ8nYzwEzME39PuqVZU7Mn73XxQTqq

After receiving the payment, I will delete the video and you will never hear me again.

I give you 50 hours (more than 2 days) to pay.

I have a notice reading this letter, and the timer will work when you see this letter.

Filing a complaint somewhere does not make sense because this email cannot be tracked like my bitcoin address.

I do not make any mistakes.

If I find that you have shared this message with someone else, the video will be immediately distributed.

Best regards!