Re: Windows Ten Confusion

Monica Jones

I will let you know, and you are correct about he rules for Imap. WLM warns me of this everytime I make a rule. (smile)

From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Windows Ten Confusion

You can use Windows Live Mail in Windows 10.  There appears to be a minor problem when writing a new message or replying to or forwarding a message according to two or three comments I've seen on another list.  Whetehr this is a general problem or just with one or more screen-readers is something I don't know.  It appears that when you start a new message or reply or forward, you have to leave and return to the message.  When you start a new message or reply, etc. pressing alt twice appears to correct the problem.  I hope people who use or try Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 will comment on this.

the other thing to keep in mind about Windows Live Mail is that you can't make message rules that apply to IMAP accounts. Windows Live Mail is a program worth considering but if message rules are important and you use IMAP, you may want to use something else.  Thunderbird, as I understand the situation, does allow message rules in IMAP accounts.

Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 12:09 PM

Ok, thanks, Carlos. I had never heard win-enter would work in seven, so this
really helps too.