Re: Has anyone ever seen anything as sick as this? I am now seeking advice on PC Security

Gene

This has nothing to do with security.  it may be that spam filters intercept many such messages but nothing can intercept everything.  I saw it suggested to improve security and perhaps other actions, I'm not sure what was suggested now.  Receiving such a message doesn't mean you have to do anything.  If your security is insufficient, it should be improved anyway.  These messages are sent out by the millions, who nows, perhaps over time, the billions.  I got one or two a while ago.  My account wasn't hacked, my spam filter was set to a generally effective level, but I got them anyway.  They are in a well known category of messages called sextortion.  It would be a good idea to follow, even if it means just reading an article here and there, from a technology news aggrigator such as the Komando technology newsletter which discusses major frauds and scams as they begin to circulate widely.  Phishing schemes are increasingly sophisticated and even take in some experienced and knowledgeable people.  It is important to be informed about schemes.

Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Has anyone ever seen anything as sick as this? I am now seeking advice on PC Security

I've gotten this too, and it was in spite of corprit level security. Here's
my response to anything like this. Anyone crazy enough to fall for this with
all the hype about this type of scam these days, is pretty much asking for
it. If you did, indeed, participate in the activities suggested by this
post, shame on you, and you deserve a little bump in the pocket book. If, as
the majority of us, would never participate in such activities, are still
crazy enough to send money to an anonymous person, well, as I said, you're
crazy, lol.