anyone heard of netacad.com?

David Mehler

Hello,

Has anyone heard of netacad.com? I just got an email indicating Cisco
Networking Academy netacad.com had approved an activation for me, and
if true ok something i'd be interested in.

Several things make me nervous, first I didn't sign up for anything
like this. Second, the email was sent via Php mailer 5.x which ups my
worry factor maybe indicating a phishing atempt. If it is phishing it
is quite sophisticated, as DKIM and spf both passed, the domain
appears valid i.e. one can ping it and you get both a forward as well
as reverse dns, though a ping times out.

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks.
Dave.