Re: New Laptop

enes sarıbaş

I was extremely clear in my message. The processors on the provided model are out of date, and unles they have major financial troubles, most people will want an up-to-date processor on their devices. Otherwise the machine is practically aged even before you open the box. An older processor machine will likely need to be replaced sooner as it is behind the times, and might not be able to handdle applications earlier than a more current machine.

On 11/25/2019 8:56 AM, Gene wrote:
If the typical buyer wants to spend more money to future proof something they will probably find satisfactory for years, until they want to replace the computer because of age or newer features, that's their choice, but most users don't need to worry when they buy a reasonably fast computer now unless they dramatically change how they use computers.

Also, in your last message, you said you weren't most users.  I didn't say nor imply that you are.  But saying something is out of date with no explanation may lead some or many people to think that it isn't something they should consider when they might very well find it very satisfactory.

I'm saying that such commments about outdatedness and future proofing should be put in context.  Not doing so may cause many people to think or wonder if they should spend more, perhaps a lot more, money than they need to.

Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2019 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New Laptop

It isn't slow. But buyers might want a current model of processor to future proof it. This likely isn't an issue though, as Acer probably updated this line with iether a ninth or 10th gen processor choice.
On 11/24/2019 3:03 PM, James Bentley wrote:

Unless the buyer needs a gaming laptop or is editing a lot of videos, I can’t believe this laptop is too slow.

I love the way that I can run a virus scan, play music from Winamp, and have half a dozen Chrome windows open while I have Outlook and HJPad all open.

I haven’t used the USB 3.1 yet but I can write a 36 gig image to a drive using moderate compression in about 20 minutes with USB 2, while still going through email in Outlook.

James B