Re: Windows Ten Confusion

Monica Jones

Yes, good points. I’ve never made boot disks, images, or anything like that but sure am willing to learn.

From: Carlos
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Windows Ten Confusion

There are ways to have your cake and eat it too.  Once you upgrade to Windows 10, you can always revert/downgrade within the first 30 days if you decide that you don't like it, but the fact that you upgraded means that your machine was registered and you now own a Windows 10 license.  This means that you can reinstall it in the future at some point and your machine will be detected and Windows 10 will be automatically reactivated.  Of course you might not be able to reinstall it by upgrading after the free offer expires, but you can perform a clean installation or restore it from an image.  Although creating an image will make restoring it much simpler, especially if you have performed significant configuration.  Then of course there is also a dual boot configuration...