Re: Windows Ten Confusion

Monica Jones

Yes, good points. I’ve never made boot disks, images, or anything like that but sure am willing to learn.

Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Windows Ten Confusion

There are ways to have your cake and eat it too.  Once you upgrade to Windows 10, you can always revert/downgrade within the first 30 days if you decide that you don't like it, but the fact that you upgraded means that your machine was registered and you now own a Windows 10 license.  This means that you can reinstall it in the future at some point and your machine will be detected and Windows 10 will be automatically reactivated.  Of course you might not be able to reinstall it by upgrading after the free offer expires, but you can perform a clean installation or restore it from an image.  Although creating an image will make restoring it much simpler, especially if you have performed significant configuration.  Then of course there is also a dual boot configuration...
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:23 AM

Thanks, Carlos for the clarification. I’m thinking of trying it since I don’t want to wait till it isn’t free. I know win7 will have support till 2020, but by that time, no telling how much ten will cost. (smile)

Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 12:10 PM

Matt is referring to my Win7PE images.
Win7PE is not a talking installer.  It can be used to install Windows with speech, but that is not it's only purpose.  It is simply a side effect.  However, you will not require anything like Win7PE to perform a standard Windows 10 upgrade.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 1:06 PM

I didn’t know there was a talking installer. Thanks.

Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 3:41 AM

You can do this if you are not doing a dual boot but if doing dual boot you will need sited help. You can use Carlos talking OS installer but just in case there you might still want to have sited help just in case.

Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 8:40 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Windows Ten Confusion

Since everyone seems to be upgrading to Windows Ten without sighted assistance, I thought I might bite the bullet and try it too. I see an option in my sys tray that says upgrade, but I’ve had some say to get some kind of tool from Microsoft in order to do it. Thanks for advice and/or instructions.

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.