Re: WinAmp and Alternatives

Gene

Did you try to increase the volume?  I don't recall if the command is just up arrow or control up arrow.  Hold up arrow and see if the volume increases.  then, if it doesn't try control up arrow.

You can also completely disable the Winamp volume control, though I'd have to check to see how that is done.  I have no interest in controling Winamp volume separately from the general volume, so I keep things simple by disabling the Winamp volume control.

From: Joe Orozco
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2019 9:20 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] WinAmp and Alternatives

Hi, I’ve been using WinAmp 5.666 for a while. Until recently, it
worked fine, but lately it’s been playing audio at a significantly
lower volume than the rest of my system. After some cursory research,
it may have something to do with my output plugin. I don’t have the
energy to fuss too much with it, unless someone can point to a
specific plugin tweak I can attempt.

Are there JAWS scripts for WinAmp?

Or, what other audio players are people using? I like the interface
for WinAmp. I like the granularity of being able to move around files
and within files themselves, but if people have since moved onto more
updated players, I’d be interested in some suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Joe