Re: WinAmp and Alternatives

Pamela Dominguez

I saw this after I sent my message.  I hope this worked for him.  Pam.

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2019 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] WinAmp and Alternatives

Try the following.  It may not solve the original problem but it will very likely work around it so you don't have to solve the original problem.

When Winamp is opened, use the command control tab.  Do you move through different Winamp windows?  If so, is equalizer one of them?  If so, stop in the equalizer window.  If that window isn't opened, open it with the command alt g.  Then control tab until you are in it.
I am assuming you are using JAWS and will get speech feedback when you issue this command.  Issue the command n.  Just the letter n by itself.  It toggles the equalizer on and off.  Have it on.

Now, alt tab to the main window and start whatever you are testing with playing.
Then switch back to the equalizer window, all these window changes while you are in Winamp with control tab.
press the key above the tab.  It is the grave.  Press it, then wait a second or two.  You should hear a little volume increase.  Press it a number of times to increase the volume by a good amount.  Press tab to decrease the volume.  You may not hear the change until a second or two after you issue the commands.  Set the volume as you want it.  Leave the equalizer on and close the equalizer window with alt g, the same command you opened it with.
Use control tab to move back to the main window.

If you have never changed other equalizer settings, the audio should sound the same but the volume should be as you want it.