Re: When I go in to my documents to look at the files there I can't see them

Gene

I'm not sure what that means.  Do you have a sighted person who can tell you if the files are being displayed?  I'm trying to think of another way you can get to the same files.  Are you opening My Documents on the desktop?  I don't recall if you stated what version of Windows you are using but there is at least one more way to get to the folder.  Try an experiment.  Open the start menu search and type documents.  Do you see a documents folder or more than one?  Can you open them and see the files?

Others may be able to give you other ways or better ways.  I'm making a suggestion but I don't know what you will see to open.

But I'm suggesting finding another way to open the folder because you may currently be working with the library and not directly with the folder.  Something may have happened that is causing yu problems with the library but that may have nothing to do with working with the folder itself.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2019 9:23 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] When I go in to my documents to look at the files there I can't see them

When I use the jaws cursor it says “select a file to preview.
Alt V doesn’t do anything while I’m in the folder.

Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] When I go in to my documents to look at the files there I can't see them

Do you see them if you look using the JAWS cursor?  What settings do you see if you open the view menu with alt v wile in that folder?

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2019 5:11 PM

Have you tried maximizing the screen - Alt+Spacebar+X?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jamie
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 3:55 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] When I go in to my documents to look at the files there I can't see them

Hi, everyone,
I am using Jaws 20 and my computer is windows 8.1.
When I go in to my documents to look at the files there I can't see them. It’s like they’re not there, even though I know they are.
Can anyone help?
Thanks so much.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.