Re: the Victor reader stream and bluetooth

Steven Johnson

I think Troy may just be having problems with more than one device fighting to pair with his Bluetooth headphones. I think he has a Miccus Bluetooth transmitter hooked to his Victor. When that happens to me, I will often just unplug or temporarily turn off the other devices to which I have paired a speaker or headphones while I am trying to get paired up with one particular source like the Miccus. I have had Bluetooth transmitting devices like the Echo often fight for my headphones if more than one of the transmitting devices are running and constantly trying to pair with my headphones.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:56 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the Victor reader stream and bluetooth

I don't think that the Stream is Bluetooth capable, Troy. I hope you find out that I am very wrong.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 7:48 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] the Victor reader stream and bluetooth

Carolyn,

On the talking mp3 site it mentions the Victor reader as being something that can be made to work with a bluetooth transmitter/receiver so that's why I bought the Miccus. I might just have to call and find out why I haven't been successful so far if nobody on the list can give me any ideas.

Troy

On 12/2/2019 5:08 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I didn't know the Stream could pair. I just bought a Miccus last week too. The sound, using the cable is wonderful, isn't it?

I made the mistake of trying to pair it with my phone with my hearing aids on, because I need them, but they can pair. Tomorrow, since I've been busy all day today, I'll disconnect my hearing aids and get it paired, then re-pair my hearing aids to the phone.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 2:09 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] the Victor reader stream and bluetooth

Hi all,

I have a second generation victor reader stream and I purchased the Miccus transmitter/receiver from TalkingMp3Players.com last week so I can use a bluetooth headset with the victor reader.

I plugged the transmitter into the victor and turned on the headset which immediately said it was in pairing mode because it's new as well, purchased elsewhere, then I held the button on the transmitter for 8 seconds as the audio instructions told me to do, and near the end I heard the headset say connected but just a second or 2 later it disconnected again. Before I call for tech support I wanted to see if anybody might know what I'm doing wrong and why I can't get everything to work as it should, I suspect I'm not that far off getting it right.

Thanks.

Troy

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.