Re: the Victor reader stream and bluetooth

Laz

Troy, I will be out of the office most of today so here's the support
part of the email message I sent you.

Support
Further details and answers to common questions are found at
http://miccus.com/pages/support If your question is not answered via
the support page, feel free to email us at support@...; please
include a product name in your email subject line. For live technical
assistance please call
1 (616) 604-4449 Monday-Friday, 11am-4pm EST.

They're very good about dealing with blind folks so don't hesitate to
contact them directly.

Laz

On 12/3/19, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@...> wrote:
Hi Laz,

I had the headset and the transmitter easily within 3 feet of each other
but my phone and my echo were both within the same distance and of
course they both have bluetooth so that may be the problem. I'll try it
again some time today, this time further away from the phone and the
echo, and if I still don't have any luck I'll give you a call.

Troy

On 12/2/2019 6:57 PM, Laz wrote:
Troy, Two things to consider first.

1. Did you put the transmitter and your receiving device close
together during pairing?

2. Are all other Bluetooth devices in the vicinity either turned off
or had their bluetooth turned off?

You may wish to use your mom's eyesight to see the pretty lights which
is a better indicator of what the Miccus Swivel Jack RTX is doing
rather than relying on your counting at the same speed I did which was
very slowly.

I paired mine with my Echo Dot so I can use it as a computer speaker
when I wish to play something on my computer for the benefit of others
and it works beautifully.

Laz

On 12/2/19, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@...> wrote:
Carolyn,

On the talking mp3 site it mentions the Victor reader as being something
that can be made to work with a bluetooth transmitter/receiver so that's
why I bought the Miccus. I might just have to call and find out why I
haven't been successful so far if nobody on the list can give me any
ideas.

Troy

On 12/2/2019 5:08 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I didn't know the Stream could pair. I just bought a Miccus last week
too.
The sound, using the cable is wonderful, isn't it?

I made the mistake of trying to pair it with my phone with my hearing
aids
on, because I need them, but they can pair. Tomorrow, since I've been
busy
all day today, I'll disconnect my hearing aids and get it paired, then
re-pair my hearing aids to the phone.