BrailleRap forwarded email was Fwd: New Entry: Formulaire de contact simple

Josh Kennedy

Sent from my iPod

Begin forwarded message:

From: DIY Braille printer BrailleRAP-SP <braillerapsp@...>
Date: December 9, 2019 at 6:31:27 PM EST
To: Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>
Subject: Re:  New Entry: Formulaire de contact simple

BrailleRap work on standard 160g heavy paper and with plastic sheets (the one used for personal book binding), we also had some succes with heavy stickers and thin aluminium sheets (recycled from beer can). BrailleRap always use single sheet and there is no need of tractor-feed paper

Le mar. 10 déc. 2019 à 00:18, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> a écrit :
Hi,
Will brailleRap emboss on heavy paper and also lightweight plastics? Does it use single sheets, or does it require tractor-feed paper?

Josh

Sent from my iPod

On Dec 9, 2019, at 6:13 PM, DIY Braille printer BrailleRAP-SP <braillerapsp@...> wrote:

Hi Josh,
at this time we don't sell kit. You can found all mechanical stuff at a 3D printer reseller and you still have to cut the plywood and print the plastic part.
You can emboss graphics (SVG format) with the BrailleRap application available on github.
For Braille Text we made a driver for NatBraille. Has i can see Braille Blaster is also open source so we can plan to make the appropriate driver to use BrailleRap with Braille Blaster.
BrailleRap work well with 21mmx29,7mm max paper, so i think 8.5x11 will work.
Best Regards

Stephane Godin

Le lun. 9 déc. 2019 à 22:59, Josh Kennedy <pub.sg@...> a écrit :
Name
Josh Kennedy
Your mail address
joshknnd1982@...
Message
Hello, Can I purchase a brailleRap embosser? Will it work with 8.5 by 11 inch braille paper? Does it emboss tactile graphics, or just braille text? Last, will it work with the free Braille Blaster software?
Sent from BrailleRap-SP