Re: chrome, brave, opera, why?

Norma A. Boge

Hi David,

I've been using Brave for 8 months or so and I really like it. It's fast, does a good job with disabling tracking cookies and I find the ad blocking acceptable. When I'm in a rush and want a fast clean experience, Brave is my first choice. I'd say Google and Firefox are tied for 2nd, as they can get a little weird sometimes and I'm not sure why. I've been using Opera some over the past month or so. I like it for its speed and ad blocking but, again, it behaves a little strange at times. Either that or it's performing normally and I'm just not quite used to it yet.

HTH
Norma

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Mehler
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:33 AM
To: techtalk <techtalk@groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] chrome, brave, opera, why?

Hello,

I'm looking for an IE replacement. I've got chrome on the list but honestly I don't like it's autocomplete addressbar stuff, in my personal opinion I do not feel browsers should remember things like that.

What I'm looking for is privacy focussed, preferably with add blocking support, secure, and fast!

I was wondering which to go with, Chrome despite it's annoyances, brave, or opera, or is there another, and why?

This is primarily for the pc/laptop so win10, but I would also for consistency sake most likely be using the same browser on the phone if it's accessible there.

Thanks for any recommendations.
Dave.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.