Re: Accessibility of Synology NAS DiskStation

Steve Matzura

Video, audiobooks, music in lossless formats, and copies of installers for some of my sample libraries where a count of how many times I've downloaded is kept. There aren't too many companies that do this, but for the few that do, it's valuable to have theĀ  media to re-install them without detracting from my count of allowable downloads.

On 12/10/2019 12:26 PM, Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND wrote:
We are just looking at a simple two-bay system such as the DS218j, and possibly two 4-TB drives.

Just out of curiosity, what kinds of things do you store with all that space?

Thanks for your response.
Pam

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [main@TechTalk.groups.io] on behalf of Steve Matzura via Groups.Io [number6=noisynotes.com@groups.io]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 11:34 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Accessibility of Synology NAS DiskStation

It could be better, but it's not impossible. Several dialogs put your
screenreader into application mode, and the layout of the DSM is quirky
in my unhumble opinion, but it's all very doable.

Which model do you plan on getting? I Have the DS1815+ with eight bays,
currently holding 3TB drives in each one, maybe going to upgrade to some
bigger drives for more space.

On 12/9/2019 6:02 PM, Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND wrote:
Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with using a NAS DiskStation from Synology with a screen reader? We are considering getting one for backing up our laptops and also for storing our music. We would like to then be able to play our music through our receiver.

Can anyone comment on the accessibility of this product or its related apps?

Thanks,
Pam