Re: Need help labeling a graphic with Jaws

Gene

I don't know enough about the subject to know if a frame will do what you want in this instance.  If you want to consider NVDA, here is the link to the add-ons page about The Golden Cursor.  It isn't clear to me whether you can have someone move a physical mouse to the desired location, then set a position.  I don't know if this can be done with frames either.

Sent: Friday, December 13, 2019 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Need help labeling a graphic with Jaws

Hi group

The button I need to access is the “end call” button in a VOIP app so not practical for sighted assistance.

I spoke with Vispero tech support and it seems my only option is to get a custom script developed. This is what I was suspecting would have to happen. Since it’s for my work, I don’t have a choice, but I’ll get it done.

Gene, I will explore the frame idea you mentioned. I did try NVDA and it didn’t find the button, either. I search the user guide for “label a graphic” and found nothing, but I will research the NVDA add-on and see if I can come up with a fix.

Mike B., I definitely have “show all graphics” enabled. When I come across an issue like this, I immediately adjust Jaws so it is reading everything it sees. None of the Jaws cursors sees this button, so, as the tech support person said, “if Jaws doesn’t see it, it can’t label it.”

I’ll make this happen for me. In the meantime, the only way to end a call is to close the app. Not convenient, but it works.

Thanks guys,

Norma