Re: Keyboard Questions

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Gene,

Yes, it's in Tools / Folder Options.  I had changed this to the appropriate setting several times, and apparently it didn't stick, but it seems to be holding now.

It sounds like folder options are set to open in a new Window.

Check the following:
1. Open the Start Menu
2. Search for “Folder Options”
3. Open File Explorer Folder Options

The first set of radio buttons configured how folders are opened.

Focus on this set of radio buttons and make sure “Open each folder in the same Window” is selected.
CathyAnn

i don't know exactly where it is. but
open  this pc, to your c drive and open the tools  tab control i think and find
folder options.
and make sure it is set to
browse folders, open each folder in the same window.
then the alt left arrow keys will work.
Netbat

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2019 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Keyboard Questions

I don't use Windows 10 but I have never heard of any settings regarding the behavior.  Others may know of such a setting, but I'm skeptical that one exists.  You can try executing the commands while another screen-reader is running to be sure JAWS isn't causing a problem.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2019 12:30 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Keyboard Questions

Hi All,

I'm working on my sister's Win10 Pro 1909.18363.535 system with Jaws 2020, and I'm having some keyboard issues, I think.  When I press Alt + left arrow or the Backspace key to close folders or to go back a level nothing happens and I have to use Alt + F4 to do these actions, which is getting irritating...  Can anyone tell me if there's a setting that I'm missing to make these keystrokes work?  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.