Re: Jaws

Troy Burnham

I use jaws with thunderbird and it's happening to me, I'd like to know if there's a solution as well. Sometimes if I wait a few seconds the message I want to read loads instead of the subject of the previous message but sometimes I have to close thunderbird and reopen it for the problem to go away.

Troy

On 12/15/2019 6:20 AM, Sharon S wrote:
Hi Ann, I use Outlook with Jaws all the time and have never had this
experience. It is all working fine for me.

I have no idea why it is doing this for you hopefully someone else might be
able to help.

From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann
Parsons
Sent: Sunday, 15 December 2019 10:58 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Jaws

Good morning all,

I have a question for you all. Let me explain.

I have rarely used Jaws for anything except heavy editing in MSWord.
In anticipation of having a student who needs tech help with Jaws, I loaded
it up on my win10 box and am playing with it.

Do you find that Jaws has a tendency of not keeping up with things going on
in Outlook? Does your Jaws read you the title of the previous message when
you move on to the next entry in the folder summary? It doesn't matter if
I'm replying to a message and send it, or if I just read a message and
delete or move it. Jaws reads me the title of the message I've just read
instead of the next entry. I'm finding that I have to stop Jaws speaking
and then read the current line to get rid of this problem. What's with Jaws
that it does this? Are you all putting up with this aberrant behavior?

System Access doesn't do this. Window-Eyes didn't do this. NVDA doesn't do
this. Why hasn't Vispero fixed this instead of making their
offering more top heavy? Have they lost the ability to do plain
ordinary screen reader functions?

I'm just curious. If all the other screen readers with which I'm familiar
don't do this, then why would I as a consumer, continue to
patronize a product that didn't do ordinary screen reader functions?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons