Re: 6 or 8 port USB hub needed

Troy Burnham

Thanks James I'll take a look after church. I likely will get it though especially since some of the ones I saw were over $60.

Troy

On 12/15/2019 8:47 AM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi Troy,

Here is a link to a $40, Sabrent 10-port powered USB hub at Amazon.

It has 7 USB data ports and 3 charging ports that are each rated at 2.4 amps
Of course the charging ports will also transfer data but they are there for rapid charging of smart phones and tablets. And, some devices like some scanners need power to operate.

This powered hub can be used without the power adaptor if you only need to transfer data. For example, thumb drives do not need power. but it will not provide enough power for devices that need a lot of power unless it is plugged in to an electrical outlet.

This hub has thousands of very high reviews. It has a 2 year warranty if you register the product. No registration means you only get a one year warranty.

Amazon has cheaper and more expensive models but this highly rated model looks very good to me.

I saw one powered hub with 16 ports but, that is major over kill for almost all of us.

Here is the Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0797NWDCB?creativeASIN=B0797NWDCB&cv_ct_pg=article_page&cv_ct_wn=osp-search&linkCode=oas&cv_ct_id=amzn1.osp.24c2003f-1d8f-4e47-856e-30764749e3e5%2C24c2003f-1d8f-4e47-856e-30764749e3e5&qid=1576418807&cv_ct_cx=usb+powered+hub&ascsubtag=24c2003f-1d8f-4e47-856e-30764749e3e5&pf_rd_p=a23a388c-add5-49df-b293-a31ade89c6bf&pf_rd_r=8BQKS6RY0HZ2MC974XSC&pd_rd_wg=iDl4w&pd_rd_w=HK9A3&tag=windowscentralosp-20&pd_rd_r=f52f6ebe-402c-4f4e-b45c-6a7fed351785&th=1

Have fun shopping.

James Bentley