From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bharat
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 9:04 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Is it still possible to upgrade to Windows 10 for free?

As suggested by Gene,

upgrading is the best solution for Peter in this scenario, more so because he wants to use the free windows10 offer. Once he does an in place upgrade, his machine would be upgraded to windows10 for free. He can thereafter choose to install a fresh copy of windows should he decide to do so. Upgrading any other way than an in place upgrade will not make the machine for a free windows licence for Windows10.

Thank you,

bharat.

From what I've read, upgrading often works well and you don't have to
reinstall programs after an upgrade. If an upgrade doesn't work well,
there is plenty of time to do the extra work of an installation of the
operating system as an entirely new installation. And you don't have
to customize programs again.

You should back up the hard drive before doing the upgrade but I would
think that if an upgrade works well, you would save a lot of work.