Re: turning off adblockers for certain sites

Troy Burnham

Thanks Gene, I will give this a try maybe tomorrow.

Troy

On 12/29/2019 7:08 PM, Gene wrote:
As far as working with the specific extension, that is, whether you can set it to not function on specific sites, I don't know.

I can tell you how to disable it so you can use the site, then enable it again.  I downloaded two extensions so I could work with them.

First, they are extensions, not add-ons.  Chrome doesn't have any add-ons.  Extensions are similar but I don't know if there is a technical reason that something is called an add-on or an extension.  What I said of add-ons is true of extensions.  They aren't separate programs and you must work with them in the program they are used with.
To disable the extension do the following:
Open the single main menu in the following way:
Hold alt and while doing so, type f.
Then, when the menu opens, type l.  That will open and place you in the more tools dialog.
Down arrow to extensions and press enter.
Start tabbing.
You will get to something that will say something like details for, and then name the add on.  You will see things related to it if you continue to tab.
One thing you will see is an item that says extension enabled.  Press the space bar.  It is now, as far as I can tell, disabled, but the text continues to say extension enabled.
Chrome shows almost everything as a web page.  Because you are now on a web page, do whatever you want to do as though you were in any web page.  In this case, you want to open the site.  Do so as you always do.  Once finished, enable the add-blocker again by following the directions above.  When you get to the extension enabled button, press the space bar again.  The extension is now enabled.