locked Re: A Letter From Carlos To All!

DJ

thank you so very much. I for one am discusted.

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 7:37 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
While the thread is still receiving a message now and then, it appears to me that it is just about ready to stop.  Because it may cause ill feeling on the list, if I still see enough activity to amount to anything in the next few hours, I’ll lock the thread.

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2019 4:58 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A Letter From Carlos To All!

I’d rather let the discussion continue if it doesn’t take over the list rather than censor what is said about Carlos.  As an individual and not speakihng as the owner. I agree that things representing Carlos as having or believing certain views shouldn’t be sent because we don’t know what he thought about such things.  We know the kind of person he was and how he lived and that he helped people in valuable ways and that is worth commemorating.  If someone says something like I believe he is in heaven, or something of the sort, that’s the person’s belief, which is fine, but putting beliefs in
Carlos’ mouth, as though he believed them is without foundation.