Re: contacting UPS with no package info

Lisa Belville

Hi, Troy.  Probably the simplest thing would be to leave an all-purpose note on your door asking that all delivery people knock.  You could post it when you were expecting a package or make it more permanent.

I used to do this with the FedEx and UPS people here because they would either leave the package outside and not tell me or just not deliver it if they thought no one was home.

Now most of them know me so it's no longer an issue.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...

On 1/3/2020 9:11 AM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I need to contact UPS to see if there's any way they can make a note to have the delivery person knock on the door when something is delivered but I'm not expecting anything in the near future so I don't have any tracking numbers. When I called the toll-free UPS number this morning I wasn't able to talk to a person because none of the options the automated system gave me applied, does anybody know any way I can contact them then or am I going to have to wait until I order something again and have a tracking number?

A package was delivered last night, and since we have a fence with a sign on the gate about a dog being on the premises the item was just dropped inside the gate and it happened to be raining. It's just a good thing that the shipping package was plastic so the item wasn't hurt.

Troy