Re: Talking Indoor Thermometer

Gerald Levy

If you want an even cheaper alternative, you can find dozens of merchants on EBay that sell talking projection clocks/thermometers for under $10.  I have one that I purchased from EBay for about $8.  It is cube shaped and announces the time and temperature at the touch of a button and runs on three AAA batteries.

Gerald

On 1/8/2020 1:20 AM, James Bentley wrote:

Hello Merv,

Future Aids/The Braille Super Store  has a $20, talking cube clock.  It is heavy duty with a loud female voice that doesn’t sound like a stupid robot from the sixties.

It announces time, indoor temperature and humidity.

It also has a 90 minute timer that goes to one hour in ten minute increments.  The last increment adds 30 minutes to go up to 90 minutes.

It runs on 4 triple A batteries not included.

Mine came free matter for the blind in about one week with no shipping charge.

I bought 3 of these around 6 years ago.  They all work fine.  One was dropped on a hard tile floor and still works.

I know that you may just want a stand alone talking indoor thermometer but, Here is a linkjust in case you want to take a look

http://www.braillebookstore.com/All--Purpose-Talking-Clock.1

You can order on line or give them a call at:

1-800-987-1231

Cheers,

James B,