Re: Talking Indoor Thermometer

Steve Matzura

What's the deal about not being able to install a talking thermostat? If and when you move out of there, just take your nice new talking one away and give them theirs back. Slip a maintenance person a Jackson and replace that old outmoded thing on the wall with something you can use.

On 1/7/2020 10:58 PM, Merv Keck wrote:

There doesn’t seem to be much call these days for an indoor thermometer. Once upon a time I had talking indoor/outdoor thermometers. However they have long since worn out and have been disposed of with extreme happiness. I use my Echo when I want the outdoor temperature. It might not be to the exact degree but it is close enough for me.

However, I am unable to find something that will give me just an indoor temperature. The apartment where I live is not one in which I can install a talking Thermostat. And there is literally an 8 or 10 degree difference tween the North side of the apartment and the South side of the apartment 365 day of the year.

Today I asked AIRA to help me adjust the central heat which is located in the living room and it took me about a half an hour and several calls because even with the glasses and kit, the thermostat is so small and low contrast the Agents could not read the numbers and one was unable to help me saying she could not see it at all. even with Zoom on my iPhone.

I have been searching for quite a while for something that just does indoor temperature and nothing else. Because I can’t open my windows in the apartment to run wires or anything and don’t want to buy something more than I need. So any help locating just a Talking Indoor thermometer would be much appreciated.

Merv