Re: Talking Indoor Thermometer

Peter Spitz

Why not just get a talking indoor/outdoor thermometer and use the
outdoor wiring to read the temperature on the opposite side of your
apartment?

On 1/8/20, Steve Matzura <number6@...> wrote:
What's the deal about not being able to install a talking thermostat? If
and when you move out of there, just take your nice new talking one away
and give them theirs back. Slip a maintenance person a Jackson and
replace that old outmoded thing on the wall with something you can use.

On 1/7/2020 10:58 PM, Merv Keck wrote:

There doesn’t seem to be much call these days for an indoor
thermometer. Once upon a time I had talking indoor/outdoor
thermometers. However they have long since worn out and have been
disposed of with extreme happiness. I use my Echo when I want the
outdoor temperature. It might not be to the exact degree but it is
close enough for me.

However, I am unable to find something that will give me just an
indoor temperature. The apartment where I live is not one in which I
can install a talking Thermostat. And there is literally an 8 or 10
degree difference tween the North side of the apartment and the South
side of the apartment 365 day of the year.

Today I asked AIRA to help me adjust the central heat which is located
in the living room and it took me about a half an hour and several
calls because even with the glasses and kit, the thermostat is so
small and low contrast the Agents could not read the numbers and one
was unable to help me saying she could not see it at all. even with
Zoom on my iPhone.

I have been searching for quite a while for something that just does
indoor temperature and nothing else. Because I can’t open my windows
in the apartment to run wires or anything and don’t want to buy
something more than I need. So any help locating just a Talking Indoor
thermometer would be much appreciated.

Merv