Re: reading a Microsoft excel sheet letter by letter

Quentin Christensen

As well as Howard's method, which will move through the whole cell contents, with NVDA, you can press NVDA+up arrow twice quickly (or if using laptop keyboard layout, NVDA+L twice quickly) which will spell the current line (press just once to read the text rather than spell it) - so you can read the first line within a cell without going into edit mode - names and phone numbers are probably only on one line each.

Quentin

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 12:33 PM Howard Traxler <htraxler7@...> wrote:
When I need to do that, I go into edit mode (F2), then I can left and
right around in the field. When finished with that cell, I press enter
and realize I'm on the next row.  So, if I'm not finished with the
original row, I have to up arrow to get back to it.

Howard

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager