Re: A problem with an SD card in a VR Trek

Steven Johnson

Good morning Kay.  I had an SD card do that to me about a month ago.  My computer wouldn’t let me open it, and I couldn’t get JAWS to read the actual volume label.  I was able to get at my documents and make the card work again with the repair functionality of chkdsk under Windows 10.  First, make sure that you know the drive letter of your card; for example, f:.  Do Windows key X, then arrow down to Windows Power Shell Admin, or instead hit the letter A.  A command prompt will open.  Type chkdsk /f /r f: and hit enter.  I don’t think it can do any harm, and it may work.  It takes a while to do its thing.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kay Malmquist
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2020 11:39 PM
To: TechTalk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] A problem with an SD card in a VR Trek

Hello,

I added a couple of .docx to the text files folder of a card that I have been using for quite some time.  Now when I try to put it in my VRTrek,I get a media 3 error.  So I tried another card and all is fine with that.  So, I decided to put it back in to my computer and the disc name does not come up on the list of drives.  It just says the drive name.  When I press enter on it, I am asked if I want to reformat?  Ok, if it is corrupted is their any way to salvage what is on there?  I have a ton of notes that I really need for classes and things like that.  I have a san disc utility but I don't think that does any salvage functions.  any thoughts?  I have at least 30 GB of books and other things.  Please if you have any ideas, let me know.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

No matter where you are, no matter how difficult things might appear to be, you are always being moved toward magnificence. Always.
Author Unknown