Re: UPS my choice help needed

Troy Burnham

Hey Robin, I actually thought about calling back now that I have the my choice account and I may do that tomorrow. Thanks.

Troy

On 1/12/2020 9:01 PM, Robin Frost wrote:
Hi,
I've never seen a text alert like that I just find text alerts for all movement for a package. Admittedly I haven't played with account settings in a while.  Have you tried signing in via the UPS app on an iDevice perhaps it'll be friendlier. Have you tried different browsers? Sorry I can't be of more help.  I do know there's an area under your profile to specify location for where to leave packages as to whether they always comply with that is still up in the air but at least it's notated.  Sorry I can't be of more help.
Their site isn't the easiest or most intuitive but then neither is the US post office so there's that.
Now that you have a my choice account perhaps calling into UPS might yield more help?
Robin

-----Original Message----- From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2020 7:10 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] UPS my choice help needed

Hi all,

I signed up for UPS my choice but when I log in I don't see anywhere to
make changes. There's an area for driver instructions but when I clicked
there nothing opened up where I could put any instructions, so I had my
sighted mom look and she even found an area where it said that I could
receive a text around the time my package is delivered but she said
there was no way to enter my phone number there. Nor by the way did she
see any way to change the amount of time ahead of time that a text would
be sent, all that seemed to be available was one hour but from what she
read to me it sounded like that could be changed.

I'm expecting a package to be delivered this Tuesday, and I think I
mentioned earlier in the week that the UPS drivers usually will just
drop packages inside my gate and I don't know they're there, so I called
UPS earlier this week and ask them to add a note to have the driver
knock on the door, but they said they couldn't do that and they told me
to sign up for the my choice. If anybody can help me with where to go to
either give the driver special instructions, or how to set it up so I
receive a text shortly before the package is delivered so I know to
expect it I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Troy