From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 6:41 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] UPS my choice help needed

Troy, even if you specify instructions on UPS My Choice that the driver knock on your door whenever a package is delivered or send you a text message to confirm delivery, there is no guarantee that these instructions will be followed. The best you can do is to track the progress of your package on the day it is supposed to be delivered. Enter the UPS tracking number into the Google search field and visit the tracking results page, and refresh it frequently, like every 15 minutes or so, and as soon as you see that your package has been delivered, go outside yourself and fetch it if the driver does not deliver it to the front door and knock. What really bothers me about this new UPS policy of not delivering to the front door is that the driver is supposed to obtain a signature from the customer to confirm delivery, but instead, some lazy drivers will simply drop the package outside the residence, scrawl a signature themselves, and bolt off, and there is really nothing you can do about it because UPS customer service will give you a run around even if you demand to speak to a supervisor. Good luck.

Gerald

On 1/12/2020 7:10 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I signed up for UPS my choice but when I log in, I don't see anywhere
to make changes. There's an area for driver instructions but when I
clicked there nothing opened up where I could put any instructions, so
I had my sighted mom look and she even found an area where it said
that I could receive a text around the time my package is delivered
but she said there was no way to enter my phone number there. Nor by
the way did she see any way to change the amount of time ahead of time
that a text would be sent, all that seemed to be available was one
hour but from what she read to me it sounded like that could be changed.

I'm expecting a package to be delivered this Tuesday, and I think I
mentioned earlier in the week that the UPS drivers usually will just
drop packages inside my gate and I don't know they're there, so I
called UPS earlier this week and ask them to add a note to have the
driver knock on the door, but they said they couldn't do that and they
told me to sign up for my choice. If anybody can help me with
where to go to either give the driver special instructions, or how to
set it up so I receive a text shortly before the package is delivered
so, I know to expect it I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Troy