Re: Scanner/Printer with

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Yes you can

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: January 15, 2020 3:41
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Scanner/Printer with

If I were using jaws right now, I probably wouldn’t  be talking as it is  minus 46 with the windchill.

I  have been using nvda since  2011 when I progressed from low vision to almost no vision.

I have jaws demo installed  for alternate help.

So, can I scan repeatedly with jaws in 40 minute mode?

I like the idea of using a camera instead of a flatbed scanner.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: January-15-20 3:49 AM

Hey Monte. Are you using jaws, or NVDA? If you are using NVDA you might want to consider installing jaws to use in 40 minute mode, as the pearl camera works well with jaws convenient OCR.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: January 14, 2020 11:44 PM

Yes Holly,

I would like a pearl camera too but then I would have  to spend a thousand dollars to  get openbook

As the  pearl will not work with off the shelf software.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Holly
Sent: January-14-20 7:52 PM

Veronica:

I use the Pearl camera with open book.  No scanner needed, and I think, the last time I looked, it was only $200.  I paid about $700 when I bought mine several years ago.

Also, on the Blind Ad list, you can often find a used Pearl for around $100 or so.

Much faster than a scanner too.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.