Re: Google Chrome not shutting down

Gene

I assume you already saw the suggestion to try exit in the file menu, which may work.  If that doesn't work, you can try close in the system menu.  That may work.  To do so, do the following:
Open the system menu with alt space bar.  Hold alt and while doing so, press the space bar.  Release both keys and then type c.  That is the shortcut for close in that menu.

If neither of those work, I'll tell you how to close the program using the task manager.  Or, perhaps I should say, someone will tell you.  If you are running XP or Windows 7, I can, but I don't have Windows 8 or 10 and the Task Manager may be organized differently.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Google Chrome not shutting down

I am saying that alt F4 doesn't close the program as it used to and that I need to restart my computer to close it.

Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Google Chrome not shutting down

What do you mean by it never closes?  Are you saying that alt f4 doesn't close the window or are you saying something else?

Gene
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 6:30 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Google Chrome not shutting down

Hi,

For several weeks now, whenever I exit Google Chrome, it never closes. I have to restart the computer to get it to shut down. What could be causing this?

Thanks.

Vicki

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.