Re: question about temporarily unsubscribing

Gene

your welcome.  The reason its better to go nomail is that Groups.io has a requirement that owners can’t change, that when someone subscribes, their first message must be approved.  So for all the groups you would have left, the first message you sent to every one would have needed to be approved and that might have led to annoying delays in some cases.

Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 12:56 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] question about temporarily unsubscribing

Gene:

Thank you so much.  I will be gone for a week and didn't want to come back with a cluttered in-box.  I greatly appreciate your help.

Shelly

On 1/18/2020 1:24 PM, Gene wrote:
Its much better to go nomail.  If you have a fully setup account, you can do this with a browser as a general setting.  If not, you can do it group by group.

To go nomail for this group, you would send a blank e-mail to this address:
To resume delivery, send a blank e-mail to

If you want to resume delivery as a digest, there are other commands but I assume you want single message delivery.

The same syntax isw used with other Groups.io groups.  Name of group plus etc.

Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2020 4:05 PM

        Hi Group:

I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I was wondering if there is a way to
unsubscribe from the lists I am on until I get back?  I will be gone for
a week and I get a load of mail per day and won't be able to check it.
So if possible, I would like to temporarily unsubscribe if there is a
way to do this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shelly