Re: Dectalk cable, what is the phone jack end called

wayne <greenwood33@...>

I found the dec talk express cable, it's a new cable with the 9 pin  adapter. I bought it new but never got to use it. Oh yeah, and it's a longer cable. It wasn't long after I purchased this cable that my dec talk express  needed major repairs, so I purchased a double talk. If you need it I think I still have the  electrical adapter. As for the dec talk express when Dan Werich told me that a new dec talk battery would cost me $115 for just the battery, and the ac jack was shorting out. His best guess was that the repairs were going to run about $200 or more. I believe I through it out, I'm not sure. If I do come across it you're welcome to it. I'm ready to ship you the cable. I'm not going to charge you anything, I'm just glad I could help. Just let me know where to ship too, and if you want to send your address off list my email address is

Wayne

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 7:52 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Dectalk cable, what is the phone jack end called

Good morning Kay and Wayne.  Kay, if you figure out what that jack was called I would be grateful because there is a company here in the Inland Northwest that I think can manufacture a cable for me that would do the trick.  Wayne, if you find that old cable, I have 10 bucks that is burning a hole in my pocket.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of wayne
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 9:49 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Years ago when I use to have the tech talk external  I purchased a cable for it that's much longer than the one that comes with it. I have to go through my mass of cables, since I think I have it. If I find it I'll let you know, and sell it to you for $10. This cable is new. if you have any questions just ask.

Wayne

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 7:10 AM

Thanks Monte.  That’s a shame.  I should probably check with my old friends who I know to have drawers full of old cables and electronic relics from the 1980s

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 7:06 AM

As I recall, it was a proprietary cable; the rj45 type end was not standard, it has a sort of offset to it.

Good luck.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steven Johnson
Sent: January-19-20 8:52 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Dectalk cable, what is the phone jack end called

One of my buddies is sending me a Dectalk external to have some fun with, but it has no cables.  I seem to remember that the cable that connects it to the serial port on the PC has a 9 pin female on one end, and a phone jack kind of RJ45 looking plug for the Dectalk.  I know that the Dectalk end was smaller than the RJ45, but bigger than a phone jack.  I’m trying to find a cable to hook up the Dectalk.  What is the name of the end that fits the Dectalk?  RJ11 or RJ12 maybe?  Thanks.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.