Re: using jaws 2020 the virtual cursor turns off upon opening pages

Mike B

HI Joanne,

Try holding down the, Insert key, and tapping the, Z key, twice quickly until Jaws reports that the virtual cursor will be turned on for all applications.

From: joanne
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 1:07 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] using jaws 2020 the virtual cursor turns off upon opening pages

This has become an almost-every-time thing and quite annoying. Whether I'm using Chrome, Brave or even Windows Live Mail, very often I have to turn the virtual cursor back on using insert z because for some reason the virtual cursor turns off by itself upon opening pages. I will test Jaws 2019 to see if this happens the way it does with 2020; but I've seen 2019 do this sometimes in emails but haven't yet seen it while browsing.

If anyone knows what I might try to stop this I'd so appreciate input.