Re: IMAP question

Carolyn Arnold

I have Gmail in Outlook, and go and clear Deletes periodically. That gets them out of my phone too.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Penny Golden
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:21 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] IMAP question

I have 122 thousand emails on gmail. well, let's face it; most of it is worthless. Is there any way of getting rid of those 122 thousand on my i pad? Well, they're not on it, I don't suppose, but they are there. No way of deleting the whole shooting match and starting over, is there?

or doesn't gmail allow for such a thing? Thanks.

On 1/23/2020 1:14 PM, Melissa wrote:

Yes it will

On Jan 23, 2020, at 12:28 PM, Loy <loyrg2845@gmail.com> <mailto:loyrg2845@gmail.com> wrote:

If I set up an IMAP account on a email app will it download all email stored on the gmail site? I have sebveral years of emails.