Re: powered USB hubs

Troy Burnham

Thanks Richard, I found the slot on the hub to plug the cord into that goes to the computer.

Troy

On 1/24/2020 10:39 AM, Richard wrote:
Hi Troy,
Are the connectors on the USB cable the same?
Typically a device USB cable has a flat connector on one end,which goes into
a USB port on a computer,
and a square connector on the other end that goes into the device.
The USB port on the hub for this square connector may not be apparent at
first look, but typically is next to the power connector.

HTH,
Rick

----- Original Message -----
From: "Troy Burnham" <troyburnham34@gmail.com>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 10:33 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] powered USB hubs

Hi all,

I bought a powered USB hub but I can't figure out how to connect it to
my computer. I have an extra cord that has a USB plug on one end that I
assume plugs into the computer but there's no place on the hub for the
other end to plug into since the only nonUSB slot is where the power
cord is plugged. Can anybody help? Btw the brand is Sabrent if that
matters, and there are 10 USB ports 3 of which are quick charge ports if
that matters.

Thanks.

Troy