Re: powered USB hubs

chris judge

It might not be square either. I have one at home that has a connecter that goes in to the hub that is flat, similar to the connecters found on the cables for some portable external hard drives. Look for either a square port on the hub, or a flat, elongated slot.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard
Sent: January 24, 2020 12:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] powered USB hubs

Hi Troy,
Are the connectors on the USB cable the same?
Typically a device USB cable has a flat connector on one end,which goes into a USB port on a computer, and a square connector on the other end that goes into the device.
The USB port on the hub for this square connector may not be apparent at first look, but typically is next to the power connector.

HTH,
Rick