Re: Anybody Know If Any Software Defined Radio Applications Are Accessible with JAWS?

Steven Johnson

Hi Evan.  As you have determined, SDR software is not even remotely accessible for us.  However, there are a couple of applications; SDR#, and HDSDR, that at least have lists of keyboard commands.  In both applications, you can tune up and down the bands, key in frequencies directly, and easily change your  band width.  HDSDR is easier to set up.  If you have the proper driver for your dongle installed, especially the cheaper ones from Newelec called RTL2832, you will hear white noise right after installation, and you can use F1, then scroll down to the list of keyboard commands.  SDR# has a plugin that you can download that you have to install into the program that changes the architecture of the interface a little bit and provides a paltry little list of keyboard commands.  The waterfall tuning spectrums, however, make quick access to active signals totally inaccessible for us, however.  If you are curious, I can provide links to these different offerings off-list.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Evan Reese
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 8:17 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Anybody Know If Any Software Defined Radio Applications Are Accessible with JAWS?

Thanks Jim. I’ve subscribed to that list and I will try my question there.

Evan

Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 11:53 AM

    Hi there Steve!

Below is the subscribe info for the blind-hams group,

blind-hams+subscribe@groups.io

Have A Good 1! de

mailto:wohlggie@...<KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

On 24-Jan-20 05:53, Steve Matzura wrote:

Then there are SDR's you connect to your computer, which is what the original poster was asking about, I think.

On 1/23/2020 1:23 PM, Gene wrote:

I think there is at least one blind hams list.  I don't know the address but other list members may.  You may get a better answer there.

As I recall, SDR allows you to operate a receiver remotely and listen to stations from the remote receiver.  I'm saying that in case people want to know what it is.